Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Intercult Workshop Documentation - Blog#1

Before The Sessions


I’ve spent weeks preparing for the workshops. I’ve done hours of work, and have been heading down to Council office everyday for the last week to make sure that I have all of my preparation complete.
One thing that I have learned before is that there can never be enough preparation, always have a plan B and always have a plan C.

My feelings are very mixed…on one end of the scale, I’m confident in myself, my colleagues and the support I have to achieve the full potential of the workshops.
I have no idea what to expect, what obstacles I will encounter, whether I have prepared everything I should have. I wish I had more faith in myself. It feel like the workshop will carry itself, but I have some role in that. Although I know I the work I have already done will benefit the workshop, I still feel lost and have played worst case scenarios of no one turning up in my head. I’ve also imaged such excellent responses tah I don’t know which mental image to believe. I suppose I can take comfort in the fact that the only way to learn and improve is to DO what it is you want to improve.
And that I’ve overcome similar obstacles in past.Ultimately if I don’t have faith in myself, who will?

So….Hopefully the 1st session will go off with a (positive) bang, we’ll all be happy, we’ll develop a great plan, and as a team we’ll be happy!

During The 1st Workshop.

19th April 2008


So, I’m sat in the 1st session, it’s nearing the end and things are slowly winding down.

Some people didn’t turn up, and the session seems to be going slowly which is making me nervous.You may also be asking yourself, how am I finding time to write this during the session. Well, the internet is down, so we can’t do the research we intended to do.Below is what we discussed during the workshop:

Expectations

  • We decided, mostly, on which roles we would like to have in the team.
  • What we would like to film before and on the 5th May
  • How can we manage this? In terms of kit, people, time etc (the producer had to leave early though)
  • Introduction to editing
  • Introduction to camera skills and capturing
  • Research into official statistics to use during the magazine, if we so desire.

What we couldn’t do, due to the internet being down is was:

  • Create a mood board to demonstrate ideas of visual styles, themes and colours etc for the project.
  • Research some official statistics

Next week, we’d like to do the following:

  • Some pieces to camera
  • Script and running order basics
  • Create a mood board to demonstrate ideas of visual styles, themes and colours etc for the project.
  • Consider the visual style of the piece and the design for the product
  • Develop a real IDEA of what to film, capture and cut . Something interesting…

What I forgot (oops) and will do/improve next week

  • I didn't get Feedback forms, a feedback discussion
  • I need to get feedback for the space - which is great apart from renegade static electricity
  • Next week I'll ask

1) What was good about the session

2) What was bad about the session

3) What would you suggest to improve the session

No comments: